Thursday, September 16, 2010

My creative space...

These quilting projects are both calling out to be finished. The first is the Mendocino coin quilt that I started last year(!). One little alteration to the back, 3 or four lines of quilting and binding to go. Surely this should be easy to do but the next pretty/big/swappy thing is always so much more interesting.




The second is this barely started Quilt as You Go project that I'd like to make queen size!





I do have a plan for this stack of lovelies though, they'll go out to my fellow Bee Seam Piecing Downunder bees next month. I thought that these blocks might be a little too much to ask for but everyone has been very generous and said that they're keen to give them a try. I'm hoping that 22 blocks in my mailbox will motivate me to complete the rest.




I love starting new projects but finishing them is not my strong suit. What about you, are you a starter or one of the mythical finishers?

(On the not finishing note, I forgot to add the link for you to go & visit more creative spaces over at kootoyoo!)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm a finisher... ok well I'm a finisher of small projects, and of projects that absolutely have to be finished right now (that baby quilt for a friend who I was going to see in two days).

I love to start projects though, but usually not big ones. It takes me a long time to start a quilt. The cutting of the fabric is sometimes scary - especially those expensive and/or discontinued ones!

Jodie said...

i'm bad at having lots of projects on the go at once so it takes *ages* to finish anything. i just get so excited about things that i have to start them straight away!

i love the fabrics in your creative space. so colourful and happy! actually your whole blog feels like that too. thanks for getting me through the afternoon :)

Fiona said...

I like to have several different projects on the go at different stages of completion ... and I like to have deadlines to work to otherwise some of my projects drag on forever (and get shoved to the back of a drawer so that I can't see them!)