Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hexalicious!

I'm making these little babies for the Handsome Hexies Swap (Round 2).


They are soo much fun & completely addictive. This round we're making 25 hexies for our secret partner and it's going to be pretty hard to stay within the limit. I have a bunch of fabrics fancy cut and plan to make them all up & then choose the best 25 (or so). I'm also working on a hexie holder using some essex linen and echino.

You may see a little gnome poking his face out at the back there - I got a big generous swatch of this Spoonflower print when I bought a 500gm scrap bag from One Flew Over along with some matching lime Munki Munki, awesome Saffron Craig prints & little bits of Katie Jumps Rope (amongst lots of pieces). As I was basting my little gnome hexie (hoping my partner is a gnome lover, unlike me) I couldn't help noticing his terribly cute pink cheeks and his overall air of mischeviousness & next thing I know... I might, possibly, maybe like gnomes. Heather Ross gnomes, on a hexie. I don't think I'll ever go for a gnome in my garden but I think I can stop warning my swap parterns to "hold the gnomes"!

1 comment:

Cat said...

I love your hexies. And the oranges, a colour I never thought I could aspire to, however, it looks lovely as a hexie.
Cat