Saturday, October 31, 2009

Another post? Procrastination must be the answer

Yes, I have a job application to write so of course I'm visiting some of my favourit blogs and dreaming about fabric. I now have an enourmous pile of things to iron included the just washed batch from yesterday. I'm so glad that I bought some of the West Hill, the individual ponies have so much personality & I love the pink floral almost as much. I didn't have the patience to wait until it was washed and have already hacked out a little patch of ponies & made a couple of 1 1/4" hexes. Amazing considering I'm normally the "I can't cut this, what if I need it for something better later" type. I've also made some hexes to go on the back of my Mendocino coin quilt.



That's them before the were sewn together. I also have a hex flower in the lighter colours used for the coins as well. I'm using 16 fabrics altogether.



Sadly, these photos make everything looks so dark! Sorry. It really is bright & vibrant. I have some Kona cotton in berry for the sashing and the final colour not shown in the photo is underwater sisters in plum. It's time to finally get going - if I get this jo I'll be part time and will have plenty of time for quilting & isn't that what all good career decisions are based on!

No comments: